The New Job Market Issue 02
- 110 pages -
- See images: www.emergingstudents.tumblr.com -
- Pay what you Like: Scroll down -
THE NEW JOB MARKET
Emerging Students explore the evolution of the new Job market. How have the rules changed. Which markets show growth and opportunity, is it really is all doom and gloom? Interviews with 3 industry leaders share thoughts and forecasting on what may come, how to prepare rise above the crowd in the new job market.
1. Message or Messenger
Social Media’s power to revolutionise nations and raise awareness of global social issues was brought to new heights in the KONY2012 viral campaign. But is this new? Does social media have more sway on revolution and change than other forces in history – or are we missing the point?
2. Miss Undergraduate UK 2012
When the famous beauty competition came to Birmingham university it wasn’t all smiles and speeches. With Students protesting and partnering charity refusing to comment this beauty contest proved to go further than skin deep.
3. American Elections 101
As the international community look with interest at the American elections, it begged the question, do people really know what’s going or is it infatuation? Our Affairs correspondent gives the 411 on the race for Whitehouse.
1. Nottingham contemporary: Modern Cultural institutions have the capacity to rebrand and revive community, towns, city and it’s people. Nottingham Contemporary, a growing cultural iconic symbol is doing just that. What can this cultural institution teach in a time of budget cuts and drawbacks.
2. The Road of the Independent: Becoming a successful independent in the film industry is a hard slug, ES launch the first in a series of interviews and discussion exploring the journey of emerging and establishing film talent. The Road of The Independent kicks off with emerging LA Film Director Samantha Genovese
3. A Moment in Taipei:– Photojournalism on Taipei
4. NTS: Don’t Assume: It’s amazing what you can do with a run down shack in east London, Femi Adeyemi launched a community led radio station providing a platform for upcoming DJ’s. ES tune into the story.
5. Hummingbird Bakery – ES drop into Hummingbrid Bakery, best known for its American bakery tradition, for a quick cupcake indulgence and appreciation of its cross cultural success.
6. Book Reviews
1. Sandbox Impact: Sandbox is a global incubator of young leaders under 30. While companies attempt to build rich community around their brands ES caught up with co-founder Christian Busch to talk about the Sandbox model, namely: Impact Organisations.
2. 4 Good: Our choice of four good student/graduate social projects around the world to support and follow.
3. Frugal Innovation – Social entrepreneurs have always been dubbed a special kind of entrepreneur, in developing countries even more so, Our Shakers correspondent gives a report on Indian ground covering some of their masters of frugality.
4. THE STARTUP CYCLE: – We teamed up with Unreasonable Institute to offer a 4 part series exploring first hand the lessons learnt from entrepreneurs and social change makers. We kick things off with Australia’s political grassroots startup, OurSay.
5. How Do I Look? – London based online retail company Metail are redefining how consumers experience online fashion.
Modern Educāre – THE ART OF BEING TACTFUL
When it comes to life, starting a career, negotiating, defusing disagreements, building deep relationships, tactfulness is a skill we all need to learn. Hamish Forsyth, ex-senior advisor in UK Prime Ministers Strategy Unit and now co-founder of OneLeap shares golden wisdom for his time in the ranks.
DESIGN & FASHION:
1. Designers Parody: Central Saint Martins Product designer Fernando Lapposse proves there is no lack of European design talent. The creator of a small, but sweet product.
2. Sustainable Urban Design Education: Urban Design is central to the quality of life in cities, but despite the literary text how well do urban design degrees assimilate visionary teaching? Are we laying the bricks right or should we be calling for a redesign in urban design education?
ES SPECIAL: ES IN BOLOGNA (photojournalism)
update price in checkout.
|All Products > Magazine|