How to sell digital goods on eBay and other sites where E-junkie buttons can not be used? How to use eBay digital delivery?
For selling a digital product (ebooks, phone cards, software etc.) on eBay and other auction/store sites, follow the steps below. E-junkie will deliver your product automatically after a successful PayPal payment.
- Add IPN settings in your PayPal account. This step is only required ONCE:
- In your PayPal account, go to Profile > More Options > My Selling Tools > Instant Payment Notification Preferences.
- Click the Choose IPN Settings button;
- Select Receive IPN messages (Enabled)
- Enter our Notification URL:
- Click the Save button.
- Create your eBay or other auction/store site listing
- When you enter the auction Title, copy and save it somewhere as you will need to paste that into your E-junkie Seller Admin later. Copy it directly from the text-entry box where you type it, not from the live listing page later, as that will not be accurate if you have any double spaces between characters.
- Bear in mind current eBay policy on selling digitally delivered goods.;
- If you will be shipping/mailing a physical copy, you could use E-junkie to provide an instant digital download version for the buyer to enjoy while they wait for their physical copy to arrive;
- If your item is a tangible product, you can use E-junkie to provide an accompanying file, such as a product manual, firmware file/utility, device driver, etc.
- Add your product in E-junkie Admin:
- Go to E-junkie Seller Admin > Add Product;
- Copy the auction Title you'd entered in eBay or other auction/store site, and paste that as the product's Item Name in E-junkie;
- You can enter any price you want, as that is not considered for eBay auctions. ONLY If you are selling on some other auction site, the price you enter should be the minimum at which your item can sell on that site.
- Currency should be the same as the currency you are accepting in your eBay or other auction/store site listing.
- Configure other options you need (download, codes, redirection) which you need for the product.
- Press Submit to save settings.
- Go to E-junkie Seller Admin > Edit Profile. Make sure the PayPal e-mail you enter in your E-junkie profile is the same as the one you have entered in your eBay auction and is the same PayPal email where you will accept the payment.
- You need to do this step only once for each product you are selling on eBay. You will not need to repeat this when you re-list your product on eBay, as long as you retain the same auction title.
- E-junkie is completely compatible with eBay collective payments, even if the payment includes the items which are not added in E-junkie admin.
- If you are listing your product on some other auction site, E-junkie will handle that as well as long as the buyer's PayPal payment includes the item name exactly as you have listed it in E-junkie.