Help for Affiliates
This help page explains the basic functions of using the E-junkie affiliate system as an affiliate.
E-junkie provides a fully automated software service which allows merchants to manage their own affiliate programs, so you can sell their products from your own Web site or refer sales to their site to earn commissions. You only need one E-junkie login account to join affiliate programs offered by any number of E-junkie merchants. In your E-junkie Affiliate Admin, you will only see the merchants listed whose program you have already joined.
It is each merchant's responsibility to provide support to their own affiliates. Please contact the merchant who operates your affiliate program with any other questions you may have about their program, as E-junkie has no way of knowing what instructions they may want you to follow or how they choose to administer their affiliate program using our software. You can use the Contact Merchant function in your E-junkie Affiliate Admin to send a message to the email address we have on file for a given merchant.
How to join a Merchant's Affiliate Program:
- Click the merchant's sign-up link;
- If you are not already logged into E-junkie, this will take you to E-junkie's login/registration page where you can:
- Log into your existing E-junkie account;
- Register for a new account if you don't have one.
- You will arrive at your Affiliate Admin (you can also reach this under the Affiliates tab at the top of our site);
- If you registered a new account, go to Edit Profile and type the PayPal Email where you want to receive commission payments;
- Click Get Affiliate Code;
- The Select Merchant menu lists the affiliate programs you have joined*;
- Select the merchant whose link codes you want to get;
- Click Get Affiliate Code, then:
- If the Merchant has common Affiliate settings for all their products, copy their Common Hop Link code, which will redirect buyers to the seller's page (see more about Hop Links below);
- If the Merchant has product-specific Affiliate settings, then you can select a product and click Get Affiliate Code to obtain product-specific link code:
- Hop Link: works like the Common Hop Link, where your link redirects the buyer to the seller's page (see more about Hop Links below);
- Direct Link: works like an Add to Cart button to order the product directly, so you can sell the product from your own site instead of redirecting to the seller's URL, but you only earn commission on each individual order placed through your own Direct Link buttons.
- Paste your link code into the HTML source of your own Web page, wherever you want the link to appear among your own text, images and layout;
- You can click the More Info button if the Merchant has provided a page with special instructions, link/banner images, etc.;
- You can click the Contact Merchant button to send them a message.
*Note: if you did not find your Merchant listed in your Affiliate Admin > Get Affiliate Codes screen, you may need to stay logged in and click the Merchant's sign-up link again (see further details here).
How Hop Links Work:
When you click your Hop Link, you will not see your ID anywhere on the seller's page, nor is that necessary to credit you for the sale, and the buyer does not even need to purchase anything immediately after clicking your link. Clicking your Hop Link sets a cookie in the buyer's browser which expires in 6 months, then we redirect them to the seller's page. Every affiliate-eligible product that buyer purchases from that seller during the life of that cookie will earn you a commission, even if they go back to the seller's site directly later without clicking through your link again.
Merchants typically pay out commissions via PayPal on a monthly lump-sum basis sometime in the month after the completed calendar month when commissions were earned -- e.g., commission earnings for sales in January would be paid out sometime in February. Make sure you have entered your PayPal email in Affiliate Admin > Edit Profile, so merchants will be able to pay you easily. However, each merchant is free to set their own Affiliate commission pay-out method and schedule; if you have questions about this, you can use the Contact Merchant button in your Affiliate Admin to send the merchant a message.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: E-junkie's affiliate system is free for affiliates to use at no charge. We forbid merchants from requiring payment of any kind of fee for their E-junkie affiliate programs, and we will suspend any merchant accounts in our system who are discovered to be conducting such schemes.
If you have been asked to pay any fees for any affiliate program, please notify us of who it was, and we would strongly recommend that you attempt to get the charges reversed through your credit card issuer or by filing a complaint with the online payment service which handled your checkout for that fee (this should be shown on your receipt email for that fee payment).