List products in your E-junkie Shop & the E-junkie Marketplace
If you don't have your own Web site or don't wish to add E-junkie button codes to your existing site, you can list your products in your own E-junkie Shop page with a URL that lists just your own products. Adding product listings to your E-junkie Shop also allows you to use our built-in cross-promotion feature, and it provides an easy way for existing affiliates of other E-junkie merchants to find and join your affiliate program.
When you start an E-junkie Subscription, products from your E-junkie Shop will also be listed in the general E-junkie Marketplace, which will also submit your product to Google Merchant Center, Google Shopping, Google Sitemaps and our other feeds. Products listed in our Marketplace should appear in search results using our site's built-in Search feature within one week after they are added.
E-junkie is not a major shopping destination site like eBay or Amazon, so buyers don't really come to our Marketplace to just browse around looking for things to buy. The Marketplace primarily just provides a way for search engines like Google to find your products, if you don't have a site of your own that they would normally find otherwise. Our site search is also handled by Google, so products new to the Marketplace would not appear in search results until the next time Google revisits our site, about every week or so. Most sales in our Marketplace/Shops happen because of search sites sending buyers directly to a specific product page, or because the seller's own advertising and online marketing sent buyers directly to their E-junkie Shop or product page.
Creating product listings for your E-junkie Shop & Marketplace:
- Add Product in your Seller Admin if you haven't done so already;
- Go to Seller Admin > List Products in your E-junkie shop and our Marketplace;
- Select your product in the menu;
- Press the button to Add/Edit Listing in your E-junkie shop and our Marketplace;
- Type the product Details (description, promotional text, etc.):
- If you want to use HTML in your description for custom text formatting, adding pictures, etc., check the box to Treat details as HTML rather than plain text (note you can only use the HTML tags listed there);
- When you are done adding/editing your product Details, click Next;
- Type at least one product Category (up to 5 categories max.) describing your product;
- Optional: Enter any of the following if you wish:
- Details URL (product page on your own site);
- Demo URL (link to download a product sample from your site);
- Tagline (brief slogan);
- Short Description (appears next to your product link in your shop and our general Marketplace listings);
- Click Submit to save your listing;
- Optional: Click the Upload Images button to provide:
- Thumbnail of product/icon/logo to show in your main Shop listings (GIF or JPG, maximum 75 pixels x 75 pixels, not more than 20 KB);
- Product Image to show on the product's own page (GIF, JPG, or SWF, maximum 700 pixels x 525 pixels, not more than 100 KB);
- Your product will be added to your E-junkie Shop immediately;
- Repeat the above steps for any other products you want to list in your E-junkie Shop page;
- When you list products in your E-junkie Shop, your main Shop page will also be created automatically:
- Your default Shop URL will be:
XXXXXX is your E-junkie client ID number;
- Optional: You can give your Shop URL a custom name like:
...by going to Seller Admin > Edit Profile.
- Optional: You can upload your custom logo or header graphic from Seller Admin > Edit Profile. We will show it on the top of your E-junkie Shop and Marketplace pages, your checkout payment pages (for the payment processors which allow that), and on your post-checkout thank-you pages. For checkout pages, we serve the logo via SSL to avoid any security warnings.
- Once you start your paid subscription to E-junkie, products listed in your E-junkie Shop will also be listed in the E-junkie Marketplace and submitted to Google Merchant Center, Google Shopping, Google SiteMaps, and other product-data feeds.