Did you know?
- You can sell anything (digital or tangible) with E-junkie, anywhere!
- You can sell software, ebooks, mp3s, phone cards, t-shirts, posters, books, CDs, DVDs, toys, knitting patterns, videos, stock photos, fonts, graphics, themes, discount coupons, artwork, scooters, articles, event tickets and anything else you can imagine!
- You can use E-junkie to accept donations or other variable-amount payments for pending invoices and auctions.
- It only takes a minute. Really.
How to start selling with E-junkie?
First, you will need to have an E-junkie account. If you haven't registered for a login with E-junkie yet, this help page explains how to register and activate your new E-junkie account.
Adding a product in E-junkie Seller Admin
Before you start selling with E-junkie, you need to add your products in E-junkie Admin. As a general rule, if you don't recognize what a particular setting is for, it probably doesn't concern your needs, so you can safely just ignore it; just focus on what you want to set up, and then look for settings to accomplish that.
- Log into your E-junkie Seller Admin.
- If you are selling with PayPal (PayPal Payments Standard), just make sure you enter your PayPal email in Seller Admin > Edit Profile (the first time you Activate your brand-new E-junkie account, you should be taken directly to this Edit Profile screen).
- If you are selling with any other payment processors we support (Google Checkout, PayPal Payments Advanced or Pro, Authorize.Net, ClickBank, 2CheckOut, TrialPay), make sure you follow our instructions to integrate your chosen payment processor(s) with your E-junkie account.
- Click the Add Product link in your E-junkie Seller Admin.
- Specify the Name and Price for your product and select a Currency.
- The checkboxes under the Product Configuration section allow you to enable optional features such as a File Download, Shipping, Tax, Variations/Variants (selection of color/size/style/etc. for tangible goods) and more; all of these settings are more fully explained in our help pages.
- Products you configure with any digital delivery settings will automatically send buyers a thank-you email to claim their digital product, but tangible goods will not normally send a thank-you email of their own; you can type an Email Message which will be sent for tangible goods or added to our standard email for digital goods, or you can Enable Templated Email to customize the full message from start to finish and insert data from the buyer's order wherever you wish in the message body.
- Press the Submit button to save the product, or you can click the More Options button to access other optional settings for your product, like setting download link expiration (if applicable), customizing the post-checkout thank-you page, product expiration date, etc.
- The final screen you will see after clicking Submit is where you will copy the Cart or Buy Now button code which you will need to paste into your website. If you are selling a digital item, the Upload Product File button will also appear on this screen.
Using the button code
- If you are selling on your own website or blog:
- If you can edit the pages, you just need to paste our button code into the raw HTML source code of your page by using the HTML editor you regularly use to maintain your site;
- If you are using a site builder, look for the option which lets you paste HTML in your website;
- See additional tips here.
- If you are selling on a site like Craigslist, Flickr, YouTube, Upcoming.Org or in a forum or in a newsletter which does not let you paste HTML, but does let you paste a link:
- From E-junkie ADD TO CART or BUY NOW button, take the
href= URL (e.g.
https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?c=cart&i=XXXXXX&cl=YYYYYY&ejc=2) and paste that wherever you can post a link.
- If you are selling on eBay or a similar site:
- You don't need to use the button code. Click here for details.
Selling particular products
A product in E-junkie can be a file, a code, a tangible item, any combination of these three (like a CD with mp3 downloads, Software download with registration code) or even a donation or a "pay me now" variable amount kind of thing.
- E-junkie does not differentiate between file formats. Selling mp3 files or selling videos is not much different than selling ebooks. If you want to provide a collection of files for a single product, this help page explains some approaches for that.
- Codes (Stored or Generated)
- Click here for help on selling phone cards, discount codes, registration codes
- Tangible Items
- Just enable Shipping/Buyer's Address in the settings of each product that should trigger collection of a street address during checkout; this help page explains how to set up shipping calculation. If you want buyers to select product options such as size, color, etc. or enter Click here for help on product options/variants
- See how various E-junkie features can be combined to sell event tickets
- Donations/ Invoices/Other variable-amount payments
- Just set the product price to 0.00 and enable the Let buyer edit price option, so your buyer will be able to enter the price in the cart itself.
This page added by E-junkieChef
on July 16th, 2008 @ 5:38 pm GMT -7
Updated by E-junkieGuru
on November 14th, 2012 @ 6:40 pm GMT -7