E-junkie has partnered with PayPal to give you a complete e-commerce and all-in-one payment solution using PayPal Payments Advanced.
- Currently available to Merchants in the US;
- Accept credit card payments without requiring the buyer to have a PayPal account;
- Integrates direct card payments and PayPal payments in a single payment-processor solution;
- Get PayPal's industry-leading security & fraud-prevention systems including Advanced Fraud Management Filters;
- Take advantage of comprehensive PayPal's online reports that help you measure sales and manage your business easily.
NOTE: If you just want to use PayPal Payments Standard with your PayPal Business or Premier account, rather than upgrading to PayPal Payments Advanced, just follow these instructions instead of using the procedure below.
Here's how to put PayPal Payments Advanced and E-junkie to work for your business
When you apply for a PayPal Payments Advanced account, an Internet Merchant Account (IMA) will be provided by PayPal as part of the service. However, if you already have an IMA through another bank, you may instead prefer to use that with our PayPal Payflow Pro or Authorize.Net integration.
- Go to the PayPal Payments Advanced website to register for PayPal Payments Advanced if you haven't already; Approval may take up to 2 business days.
- Log into your PayPal Manager account for PayPal Payments Advanced;
- Click Service Settings at the top of the page;
- Under Hosted Checkout Pages, click Set Up;
- Most of the settings on this page should not be changed; they are either correct at their default settings, or the E-junkie cart will set them automatically when it sends each order to checkout. However, a few areas do need to be set manually:
- Set Transaction Process Mode: Live;
- Under the section Display options on payment page:
- Enter Error URL: paste your website's homepage URL (though this is a required field, E-junkie cart will override this when it sends each order to checkout).
- Under the section Payment Confirmation:
- Enter Return URL: paste your website's homepage URL (though this is a required field, E-junkie cart will override this when it sends each order to checkout).
- Under the section Silent Post for Data Transfer:
- Set Use Silent Post: YES;
- Check the box for Void transaction when my server fails to receive data sent by the silent post.
- Under Security Options:
- Set Enable Secure Token: YES.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
- Under Hosted Checkout Pages, click Customize;
- Click Layout C;
- Click Save and Publish.
- Click Account Administration at the top of the page;
- Click Manage Users;
- Click the appropriate underlined User Login hyperlink for the user you want to use for processing transactions through E-junkie (see Notes below);
- Note down your Partner, Merchant Login, and User Login information;
- Log into your E-junkie Seller Admin and then visit this link to enter that information along with your Transaction Password.
- PayPal Email: This should be the email address you use to log into your PayPal account (or a secondary email linked to that account) where you will receive PayPal account-based checkout payments (rather than card-based payments) -- this field will be pre-filled and read-only if you'd already entered your PayPal Email in E-junkie Seller Admin > Edit Profile.
- Partner: This defaults to
PayPal to use the Internet Merchant Account (IMA) provided with your PayPal Payments Advanced account; however, if you have your PayPal account configured to work with a different IMA, you may have a different value to enter here.
- Merchant Login: maximum 20 characters -- this should be your main PayPal Manager login username (which is different from the login email for your regular PayPal account).
- User: maximum 50 characters -- this should be the username you want to use for transaction processing, such as a secondary account you may have added to your PayPal Manager for processing transactions (as we recommend for security, see below), or otherwise this should be the same as your Merchant Login.
- Password: maximum 16 characters, must be alphanumeric (letters and numbers only, no punctuation or other symbols) -- this should be the password for the account username you provided in the User field.
- To keep things more secure, we strongly recommend that you maintain a PayPal Manager user account for processing transactions that is separate from your main PayPal Manager login. You can do that by going to Account Administration > Manage Users and using the Add User link to create a separate user login. You should assign this user login the
API_FULL_TRANSACTIONS privilege so that E-junkie can properly submit transactions with it, but it won't be able to log into your PayPal Manager account to access your confidential data there. See this help page for further details and instructions.