Selling with PayPal
E-junkie Shopping Cart supports checkout with PayPal Payments Standard, Advanced or Pro
- Get PayPal's industry-leading security fraud-prevention systems.
- Take advantage of comprehensive PayPal's online reports that help you measure sales and manage your business easily.
- Accept credit card payments without requiring the buyer to have a PayPal account.
Here's how to put E-junkie and PayPal to work for your business.
Step 1: Setup a Verified PayPal Business/Premier Account
- If you don't have an existing PayPal account:
- Go to PayPal
- Click Sign Up Today.
- Set up an account for Business Owners.
- Follow the instructions on the PayPal site.
- If you already have a Personal account:
- Go to PayPal
- Click the Upgrade your Account link.
- Click the Upgrade Now button.
- Choose to upgrade to a Business account and follow instructions to complete the upgrade.
- If you haven't already, add a bank account to become a Verified member. Follow the instructions on the PayPal site. (This process may take 2-3 business days.)
Step 2: Link your E-junkie account to your PayPal account
- Register here for an E-junkie account if you don't have one.
- Log into your E-junkie account.
- In E-junkie Seller Admin > Profile, enter the e-mail accociated with your PayPal account in which you want to accept payments. Press SUBMIT.
- After adding the product in E-junkie Seller Admin, you will get E-junkie ADD TO CART and VIEW CART button code which you can paste in your website.
Steps 3 & 4 are only required to use PayPal Payments Pro:
Step 3: Apply for PayPal Payments Pro
- Go to PayPal
- Login to your PayPal Business Account
- Click the Merchant Services tab.
- Click PayPal Payments Pro.
- Click Sign Up Now.
- Fill in your information, and submit your application. Approval takes between 24 and 48 hours.
- Once approved, accept the Pro billing agreement. Check the Getting Started section on the upper left of your account overview page.
Step 4: Setup API Access
- Log into your PayPal account;
- Click on Profile in the top bar;
- Click Request API Credentials (under the Account Information section);
- Click Set up PayPal API Credentials and Permissions;
- Click Grant API Permission;
- The Add New Third Party Permissions page appears;
- Enter our Third Party Permission Username:
(you can copy and paste to make sure you enter this accurately);
- Click the Lookup button. Our partner username will then be verified and you will be shown a list of permissions that you can give us;
- Checkmark the following boxes under the list of Available Permissions:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments
- Process your customers credit or debit card payments
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions
- Click Add or Save;
- Log into your E-junkie account;
- Go to your E-junkie Seller Admin > Edit Payment Preferences screen;
- Checkmark the box for PayPal Payments Pro and click Submit.
Now you're ready to start adding products to sell, so you can obtain E-junkie Cart buttons to place on your site. If you have already added products in Seller Admin and placed E-junkie Cart buttons on your site, then your existing cart buttons will automatically start offering buyers a card-based checkout option in your E-junkie Cart.
- Do I need a dedicated IPN? Do I have to change IPN settings in my PayPal account?
- No. Even if you have a dedicated IPN for something else, E-junkie service will not be affected by that as E-junkie's buy now and cart buttons already contain that setting for products being sold through E-junkie. The only time we ask you to use our IPN URL is when you are selling on a site like eBay where you can not use our buttons.
- What are eCheck payments? How are eCheck payments handled?
- When a buyer pays you via PayPal using her bank account, the payment stays pending in your PayPal account till PayPal has received the funds. When we see such a payment, we inform the buyer that the order will be processed when the payment clears. The regular "thank you" email with download link (if applicable) and codes (if applicable) are sent when PayPal informs us of the cleared payment. If you want to change this behavior and process the echeck orders like normal orders, contact us and we will change that for your account.
- What is PayPal IPN?
- IPN (Instant Payment Notification) is a system that PayPal uses to send the transaction data to a URL you specify. Based on the data this script can take any action. E-junkie uses it to authenticate the transaction and process it.
- What is PayPal email?
- When you register for PayPal, you use your email address. You can have multiple PayPal emails associated with it. These emails are the unique identities which PayPal uses to associate payments with an account. Those emails are "PayPal emails" and you can use any of those to accept payments.
All E-junkie demos
- PayPal Payments Standard
- PayPal Payments Advanced
- PayPal Payments Pro
- PayPal Payflow Pro
Questions about PayPal?
- Setting up a new PayPal account? Call PayPal at 1-866-365-7993.
- Have an existing PayPal account? Call PayPal at 1-888-221-1161.
Questions about E-junkie?
- Contact us if you don't find an answer in our Help pages or our Forum.
- If you just want to know what E-junkie does, check our list of Features & Benefits.
- Our getting started guide is a good place to begin setting up your E-junkie service.
- Just $5 per month
- No setup fee
- No transaction fee
- No transaction limit
- No bandwidth limit