PayPal notified me of a payment, but E-junkie did not process the order.
- If payments are listed in your PayPal account history with Pending status, click here for troubleshooting;
- If you find payments with a Completed status in PayPal, but you cannot find those transactions listed in your Seller Admin > View/Download Transaction Log:
- If you are new to E-junkie or using a new PayPal account, double-check our PayPal integration requirements to make sure you haven't overlooked a step or a required setting;
- Make sure that the buyer placed their order using your E-junkie purchase buttons and not from any other purchase buttons you might have on your site (if you are generating sales without using E-junkie buttons but still expect E-junkie to process those sales, please see our eBay integration instructions);
- Make sure your PayPal Email setting in E-junkie Seller Admin > Edit Profile matches the email address you use to log into the PayPal account where you are receiving buyer checkout payments (or a secondary email you have added to that PayPal account);
- See if PayPal has transmitted an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) to our server confirming completed payments yet:
- You can check this in your PayPal account by going to My Account > History > IPN History;
- PayPal may allow you to resend the IPN from there;
- You may see the notice, "The IPN feature is turned off. You must turn on IPN in order to create history data" -- this is normal, as we automatically send our IPN requirements to PayPal with every checkout, which overrides any manual IPN settings (or lack thereof) in your PayPal account, so you can still search your IPN History for affected transactions;
- If your IPN History shows in the Status column that your IPNs were Disabled for affected transactions:
- Your PayPal account may be disabled for some reason; contact PayPal support for further clarification;
- You may have manually turned off all IPNs in the past and thus need to manually re-enable IPN in PayPal by going to My Account > Profile > More Options > My Selling Tools > Instant Payment Notifications > Choose IPN Settings, where you should choose to Receive IPN Messages (Enabled) and enter this Notification URL:
- If you do see the order listed in your Seller Admin > View/Download Transaction Log, that indicates we did process the sale, so if the buyer did not find their thank-you email with a link to their thank-you (download) page:
- Ask the buyer to check their spam folder and mark the message as Not Spam if they find it there;
- If they still cannot find their thank-you email, check the affected product's settings to make sure you don't have Enable Templated Email checked with nothing in the Email Message field above that, or if you have done that deliberately to disable the product-based Thank-you Email, verify your Common Thank-you Email (in Seller Admin > Account Preferences) includes the
[%thankyou_link%] variable, which inserts a link to the thank-you (download) page for the full order.
- If orders appear in your E-junkie Transaction Log, and thank-you emails have been received, but clicking the Complete Purchase link after checkout still always leads to a generic thank-you page ("The payment processor has not yet informed us about your payment"... etc.), that indicates you have Auto-Return: ON but Payment Data Transfer: OFF in your PayPal profile's Website Payment Preferences; those should be both OFF (recommended) or both ON -- see our PayPal integration instructions for more details.
This page added by Shivani
on November 18th, 2008 @ 12:59 am GMT -7
Updated by E-junkieGuru
on December 26th, 2012 @ 12:47 pm GMT -7
Feel free to contact us if you don't find an answer
in our Help pages or our Forums.
If you just want to enquire about what all E-junkie does, you can check our