Competitive triathlon in 10hours a week
Name another sport where one can work out “only” 12 hours and feel like you are falling behind the competition? The assumption that you have to “join them to beat them” is simply false. Race day doesn’t care how much training you have done; It only asks if you have done the right training and whether or not you can implement it on that day.
How does it work? Competitive Triathlon in 10Hours A Week is more than a book, it’s a process. As you read the book, you will be planning parts of your own season. By the time you are done (typically in 4-6 hours), you will have created your own plan for 10Hours success. Key elements of the 10Hours methodology include:
* Focusing only on your next A race, not the full season.
* Focusing on your Critical Success Factors, not just logging hours.
* Leveraging intensity into build strength and build endurance simultaneously.
* Executing Race Simulation workouts to put your fitness to the test and prepare for race day.
* Scheduling “big weekends” to add endurance-oriented training to your program when needed.
What will you learn? Truth be told, this book is not for the weak of heart. We will ask you to throw out some very popular approaches to training in place of new, data-driven results. Old-school methods of training, such as spending lots of time in Zone Two, avoiding Zone Three, having to swim 3+ times a week, needing to hit the gym consistently…these are all challenged/eliminated. You will learn:
* Focusing on your next race enables you to target your training; that…
* It’s not how much training you do, it’s how you do that training that matters; that…
* That striving for triathlon excellence doesn’t require you to become a social outcast; that…
* Multisport fitness is built on cumulative, well-executed training instead of just logging miles.
* In some cases, athletes have successfully slashed their weekly training volume by 50%. The true decrease in your hours depends on your current training volume. If you are a train-a-holic, or have been coached by one, then you could be for a truly momentous change.
* More time for the stuff that matters. No more making life an extracurricular activity, with the 10Hours system you will plan around your life priorities instead of ignoring them.
* Increased focus. No garbage miles/training time means you can actually focus in on the session at hand…the result is a better, more effective training session!
|All Products > Endurance Nation > Learning Products > Ebooks|