This has been in production for approximately three weeks now. Any js or css, and most html, coming from any of our web servers should be served with gzip compression if the browser indicates it supports that.
The exception is a few forms which generate an inline download; I discovered that due to a long-standing bug, Internet Explorer didn't work with content compression enabled on those pages, so I went back and disabled compression for just those specific pages. Those forms are all used by sellers, and mostly all generate compressed zip file downloads anyway, so no big loss there.
Unfortunately, I just discovered that in applying the configuration change to accomodate IE's bugs, I slightly messed up on one web server, resulting in content compression not being activated at all on it; I think that's the one that you happened to be hitting when running the speed test.
Anyway, it's fixed now, and should really be enabled site wide again. Thanks for pointing it out!
 When I make a low-level change like this, I prefer not to advertise it; too many people see such a change notice and try to link it to whatever problem they're having without really understanding what's going on. I hope you'll pardon my curmudgeonly ways ;-D