Using E-junkie Affiliate Programs
Create and Manage an Affiliate Program for Your Products
NOTE: affiliate programs that you create with E-junkie do not work with TrialPay checkout payments.
Obtain Your Affiliate Sign-Up Link Code
- After adding your product(s), go to Seller Admin > affiliate Program Settings.
- From the yellow box under Common affiliate Sign-Up Link and Instructions, select and copy the link code provided.
- Paste the code into your Web site page, wherever you are recruiting affiliates to join your program.
If you are going to provide any special terms, instructions, images or banners to link, etc., you may wish to set things up where all your affiliate recruitment links actually point to a single affiliate Information page on your site, where your custom images/instructions/etc. would be presented. That page would then be where you post our actual affiliate sign-up link as part of your instructions, and then you could have your E-junkie affiliate Settings > More Info URL also pointing back to that page, so all prospective affiliates would see your instructions first when they sign up, and then have an easy way to get back to that page via the More Info button we show to your affiliates.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: E-junkie's affiliate system is free for affiliates to use at no charge. You may not require payment of any kind of fee for anyone to join or participate in your E-junkie affiliate programs, and we will suspend any merchant accounts in our system who are discovered to be conducting such schemes.
Common Affiliate Program
This is the simplest method, for when you want to offer the same commission percentage for all of your products and issue just one easy link for each affiliate to use. You can override this Common percentage with product-specific percentages (see below), but you cannot exempt any products from granting commission if you have a Common percentage set.
- After adding your product(s), go to Seller Admin > Affiliate Program Settings;
- Copy the sign-up link code provided here and paste it into your site, wherever you wish to recruit affiliates to join your program;
- Enter an Affiliate Share percentage -- this is the percentage of the purchase price each affiliate will earn as commission for sales they referred to your site;
- Enter the URL of the page which you want affiliate links to point to -- this is the "landing page" where buyers will arrive after clicking any affiliate's link, and can be a specific product page, your main Shopping page, or just your site's homepage (you do not need a special landing page just for affiliate links); this will also serve as the fallback landing page for any defunct product-specific hop links (e.g., because you deleted the product or disabled its product-specific link);
- Optional: Enter the URL of a "More Information" page for affiliates to refer to on your site -- your affiliates will see a More Info button in their affiliate Admin, which they can click to obtain any special instructions you may provide for their reference.
- List affiliate program in E-junkie Marketplace:
- Check this if you want existing affiliates in E-junkie's system to be able to discover your affiliate program -- this will require you to post product listings to your E-junkie Shop;
- Uncheck this if you want your affiliate program to be more private, so affiliates can only join your program by the sign-up links you either post to your own site or provide to pre-approved affiliates personally.
- Click Submit to save changes.
After clicking your sign-up link to join your program, your affiliates will be able to log into their own E-junkie affiliate Admin, where they can obtain their Common Hop Link code for your program to post to their Web site.
Buyers who click a Hop Link will be redirected to your landing page URL while our system sets a referral cookie in the buyer's browser that expires in 6 months. Every product the buyer purchases from you during the lifespan of that cookie will earn the referring affiliate a commission according to your specified share percentage.
These allow you to define a unique Hop Link landing page URL and/or a unique commission percentage for each product, and you can also optionally allow affiliates to sell your products directly from their own site rather than referring buyers to your site for all purchases. If you don't need any of those things and have set up a Common affiliate Program (described above), then you can safely ignore these Product-specific affiliate Settings altogether.
- Go to Seller Admin > Setup Product-Specific Affiliate Programs;
- Select a product from the menu and click Edit Affiliate Settings;
- Enable one or both types of product-specific affiliate link codes:
- Hop Link (affiliate links will link to a page on your Web site)
Here you can specify the URL of a product-specific landing page on your site. Buyers who click a product-specific Hop Link will be redirected to that product's landing page URL while our system sets a cookie in the buyer's browser that expires in 6 months. The referring affiliate will earn a commission according to your specified share percentage (common % unless overridden by a product %) on every product with affiliate sharing enabled that buyer purchases from you during the lifetime of that cookie.
- Direct Link (affiliate links will link directly to E-junkie Cart)
This option will be unavailable if your product has Variants or Variations. This offers your affiliates an Add to Cart button which allows buyers to purchase your product directly from the affiliate's Web site, rather than referring the buyer to your site for purchase. The buyer will still order directly from you and pay you in full during checkout, and the rest of the purchase process will stay the same as if the buyer purchased from your site. Direct Links require a product-specific share %, which the affiliate will earn on each order placed through their Direct Link button, but unlike Hop Links this does not set a cookie for residual commissions on future orders. This option does not support checkout payments using ClickBank or 2CheckOut.
- Set a Share Percentage for affiliate-referred sales of this product:
- If you also enable the product-specific Hop Link, the product-specific percentage would always override your Common affiliate Share percentage, regardless of whether the buyer clicked a Common Hop Link or a product-specific Hop Link to reach your site (Direct Links require a product-specific percentage to be set);
- You can exempt a product from affiliate sharing by one of these methods:
- Enable its product-specific Hop Link and set a 0% product-specific percentage;
- Leave your Common Share set at 0% even if you enable your Common Hop Link, and then just enable the product-specific Hop Link and specify a product-specific share percentage only for those products that should grant a commission.
Regardless of which kind of Hop Link a buyer follows (common or product-specific), the referring affiliate would earn your product-specific Share percentage on any items which have one and your Common Share percentage on any other items purchased by their referred buyers.
After the end of each calendar month you will need to obtain a commission report from Seller Admin > Pay Your Affiliates. That generates a
masspay.txt file which lists each affiliate's lump-sum commission totals for the last completed month, based on the state of your transaction logs at that moment. For this reason, we recommend waiting until the last half of the month to generate your commission report, to allow time for any refunds/reversals to be processed which may affect transactions in that month.
You can upload that file to PayPal Mass Payments to pay out commissions to all your affiliates at once; they will receive the complete amount you pay without any fee deduction, and you pay a smaller transaction fee to make a Mass Payment than you would by making each payment individually. To learn more about PayPal mass payments, click here.
We only offer this Mass Payment file as a convenience for you. If you have an understanding with your affiliates to pay with an alternate payment method, you can simply use the Mass Payment file as a reference for figuring out how much you owe to each affiliate. Make sure that you use a payment method which can be tracked in the event of a dispute.
PayPal Restrictions for Mass Payments
PayPal is now restricting access to their Mass Payments feature. Merchants who have used Mass Payments previously are grandfathered-in and should be able to continue using it. Merchants using PayPal Payments Pro, or who have a PayPal Business or Premier account with at least $3,000 in revenue for any past month, can call PayPal Business Support at 888-215-5506 to discuss MassPay eligibility. If you did not have sufficient revenue through PayPal in any past month, contact us so we can try to work with PayPal on getting you access to Mass Payments; If you don't qualify, you can simply open your monthly
masspay.txt file and use that as a reference to send out commission payments manually, one at a time, through PayPal or by any other means you wish.
affiliates are notified by email every time their link generates a sale, regardless of whether they earned a commission on the sale or not. We do recommend granting at least a nominal commission on all products (most easily done by setting a Common share %), as affiliates may reasonably expect at least some token compensation for generating a sale which most likely would not have happened at all without their referral.
affiliates can also view their referrals that generated a sale in the Earnings Report screen of their affiliate Admin, and your E-junkie Transactions Log will note the affiliate ID and commissions earned for any affiliate-referred sale -- note there are two columns where commission may be reported in your log: one based on the common % and another based on product-specific %.
We do not track or report affiliate link click-through rates. An affiliate who sends tons of traffic to your site doesn't count for much if they never generate any actual sales for you. Only actual sales generated by affiliate referrals count, regardless of how much or how little traffic they send your way.
To view a list of affiliates who have joined your program, go to Seller Admin > View/Edit Affiliates; for each affiliate on that list, you can:
- Delete (ban) an affiliate - Deleted affiliates cannot rejoin your program and will be unable to earn any new commissions; however, note that Deleting an affiliate does not void their commission earnings for the current month-to-date, so if you don't want to pay those commission earnings (e.g., due to affiliate misconduct), you should open the
masspay.txt file you generate after the end of the month and manually delete their line, then resave the file before submitting it to PayPal;
- Grant an extra percentage - For highly-productive affiliates or when you want to negotiate a custom commission rate with each affiliate. This percentage gets calculated for all items purchased by buyers referred by this affiliate, regardless of any other commission settings and in addition to any other commissions the affiliate earns according to those settings.
Help for Affiliates
This help page for affiliates explains how our system works from an affiliate's perspective, after they click your sign-up link to join your program.