How to setup your E-junkie Shop
E-junkie Marketplace, Shops, & Product Cards
If you don't want have a Web site of your own or don't want to sell directly from your site, you can create a Shop page in the E-junkie Marketplace for some or all of your products.
Once you start a paid subscription with us, your Shop items (and optionally your affiliate program) will be available for search in our online Marketplace.
Please note that E-junkie is not a major shopping destination like eBay or Amazon, so there are not many buyers browsing our Marketplace looking for items to purchase. Adding a Shop page to our site primarily provides a way for search engines like Google to find your products if you don't have a site of your own for them to look up.
Product Cards are a ready-made sales page you can use even without having an E-junkie Shop or a site of your own. Product Cards use the same product listing details as the product's page in your Shop, but you can set up those details for a Product Card without also having to list the product in your Shop.
How to add/edit product listing details for your E-junkie Marketplace Shop & Product Cards:
- In your E-junkie Dashboard, click Add Product if you haven't done so already:
- Our Getting Started Guide is a good overview of that;
- Upon adding a new product, you can proceed directly to Edit Product Listing in your Shop for that product:
- To add/edit your Shop listing for an existing product, go to Manage Products > Edit/Clone Products;
- Select your product in the menu;
- Press the Edit Product Listing button:
- Optional: Click the image placeholder to upload images (any images you'd previously added to your product will also appear here);
- Optional: Enter a Product Tagline (e.g., a brief slogan like "Solves all your image editing needs!");
- Optional: Product Description (a short summary of your product);
- Enter the Product Details (detailed description, promotional text, etc.):
- In the bottom footer, you can tick Show this product in your E-junkie Shop to have the item appear in your Shop in our site's Marketplace;
(You can leave this unticked if you're only using Product Card links to sell your product and don't also want a hosted Shop.)
- Also in the bottom footer, click the button labelled Product Category & Tags; this opens a panel that controls what searchable tags will apply to your products:
- Select a main Marketplace Category for your product;
- Type up to 5 Shop Tags describing your product -- e.g., for an ebook about transcribing legal documents as a home-based business, you might enter:
work from home
- Optional: Enter a Details URL if you have a page on your Web site with more information about the product;
- Optional: Enter a Demo Download URL if you offer a free demo download for the product, such as a trial version of your software or an MP3 snippet, enter the URL of that demo file here;
- click Save Changes and then close this panel.
- Click Save Changes and then close this panel;
(Note that it may take a few minutes for your Shop to pick up changes.)
- From here you can return to the Edit/Clone Products screen and repeat the above steps for any other products you want to list in your E-junkie Shop page.
Customize your E-junkie Marketplace Shop
- When you are ready, click the Shop Preferences link to finish setting up your Shop.
- Your default Shop URL will be:
XXXXXXis your E-junkie client ID number (which you can find in your E-junkie Dashboard under Manage Seller Account > Account Summary);
- Optional: You can give your Shop URL a custom name instead: