PayPal has posted notice of Thu29Jan09 11:05-11:35pm Scheduled Maintenance which will delay IPN and affect Express Checkout (payments from a PayPal account when you are using PayPal Pro) and Account-Optional payment flow (where PayPal offers a direct card-based checkout as an alternative to a PayPal account login).
While IPNs are delayed during that half-hour window, feel free to use your Seller Admin > Send Free Download Link/Codes to satisfy concerned buyers; if you do this, you can also enter their PayPal Transaction ID into Admin > Block Transactions to prevent another link/code being issued to them once their IPN finally does come through.
(Live Site-581)  Scheduled - Scheduled Maintenance - Jan 29
01-26-2009 10:30 AM
PayPal_Updates PayPal_Updates Administrator writes...
 Scheduled: This notification is to inform you of the following maintenance activity.
- From Jan 29, 11:05 PM PST (Jan 30, 7:05 AM GMT) to Jan 29, 11:35 PM PST (Jan 30, 7:35 AM GMT) most of PayPal site features will be unavailable with the following exceptions:
1. Website Payment Standard (Account Optional payment flow only)
2. Express Checkout
3. Direct Payment
4. Risk Controls
5. IPN will be delayed.
- From Jan 29, 10:30 PM PST (Jan 30, 6:30 AM GMT) to Jan 30, 1:45 AM PST (Jan 30, 9:45 AM GMT): Batch processing (batch capture/refund) will be unavailable.
(Sent Jan 26, 9:28 AM PST by DN)
SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE DETAILS
Service: Live Site
- PayPal APIs
- Virtual Terminal
- Order Management (IPN / PDT)
- Batch Processing
Start Time: Jan 29, 11:05 PM PST (Jan 30, 7:05 AM GMT)
End Time: Jan 29, 11:35 PM PST (Jan 30, 7:35 AM GMT)
Our Technology team advises during this period some products and features may be temporarily unavailable. We are working to ensure the inconvenience is as minimal as possible.
We apologize for any impact caused by this maintenance.
Additional Upcoming Events:
- Preview Sandbox Scheduled Enhancements
Jan 28, 9:30 AM PST (Jan 28, 5:30 PM GMT)
PayPal Merchant Technical Services
If you have questions, contact PayPal Merchant Technical Services by filing a ticket under contact support (refer to ID: Live Site-581) at https://www.paypal.com/mts/.