The buyer is selecting to upgrade using a code, and you are correct: the quantity discount should not apply if the discount code is used.
The full scenario is like this.
I have three products:
A is $50
B is $60
C is $75
These products each have their own upgrade codes:
A's code is UP-A and is a set discount of $10
B's code is UP-B and is a set discount of $10
C's code is UP-C and is a set discount of $20
This all currently works fine.
Part two is to offer a discount if people purchase more than one thing at a time. This is also fairly straightforward to set up based on the number of items in the cart.
QTY=2 is 10%
QTY=3 is 20%.
The part I can't figure out is this: If someone
a. upgrades two products at once, or
b. upgrades one product and adds a new product
then both the upgrade discount and the quantity discount are applied. I do not want this: I want this to be either-or. In other words, an upgrade purchase should not be part of the qualification for the quantity purchase.
Some specific examples:
1. Upgrade A, and upgrade B: only UP-A and UP-B apply, QTY does not.
2. Upgrade A, purchase B: only UP-A applies, QTY does not
3. Upgrade A, purchase B, purchase C: UP-A is applied and QTY=2 applies
4. Purchase A, purchase B: QTY=2 applies
5. Purchase A, purchase B, purchase C: QTY = 3 applies
Is this possible?