« Return to Discounts & Sales
- In your E-junkie Dashboard go to Manage Shipping, Tax, Discounts > Discount & Gift Coupon Settings;
- Enter a Discount Name that you'll recognize (e.g., something like Groupon20 for a "$20 value for $10" Groupon deal);
- Select Cart Item Total (product-specific discounts would not work here, because they can only alter the per-unit price of the item, not take a single flat amount off the order total);
- Enter your Discount Amount as a Flat Amount (e.g., a "$20 value for $10" deal would amount to a $10 discount);
- In the Discount Code box, paste a list of pre-generated codes (one code per line);
- Tip: To generate a list of random codes automatically, you could use a random string-generator site like Random.org/strings/;
- Our discount codes are not case-sensitive (a1b2c3 is treated the same as A1B2C3), so you should generate codes using numbers and/or either all-upper or all-lower case letters (not mixed-case letters); we do not support codes with spaces, dashes, underscores, or any other special characters;
- You can have up to 10,000 discounts in total configured at any one time (i.e., if you have no other discounts, you could paste a list of up to 10,000 codes for this coupon deal);
- Be sure to save a separate record of this codes list in a separate text file if you need it, as the codes you paste in here will not be retained in a list format once you create the discount (see final step below).
- Optional: enter an Expiration Date if purchased coupons will expire;
- Set the Max. Use Count = 1 (so each code can only be used once);
- Optional: enter a Min. Item Total for the minimum order you will require (e.g. on a "$20 value for $10" deal, you could require a minimum order of $20 to claim the $10 off, or you could merely require a $10 minimum to recoup what they'd already paid for the coupon deal);
- Click Apply to save your new Discount -- this will generate a series of identical discounts, one for each code you pasted into the Discount Codes box.
Your E-junkie subscription plan level determines the maximum number of Free Checkouts (orders with a 0.00 total) you can accept per day; see further details here