Sell downloads and tangible goods with WordPress
We offer two different ways you can sell from a WordPress site with E-junkie:
- Copy-paste Button Codes: Here you can build your own sales page(s) in WordPress, then just copy and paste our ready-made purchase button codes into your page wherever you want the buttons to appear.
- WordPress Plugin: This will generate a pre-fab storefront listing all of your E-junkie products at a subfolder of your WordPress site;
Each of these approaches are covered in their own section below.
Using E-junkie purchase buttons
If you'd rather build your own sales pages in WordPress, just copy your button code from E-junkie Dashboard to paste into your WordPress pages manually. If you're editing the raw HTML code, see the placeholder tip here to help you find where to paste our button code.
If you're using the new WordPress block editor (aka Gutenberg):
When you add a new block you can click the HTML button for it and simply paste in your code, then position that block however you wish in your page. You can also select an existing block, then click the [⋮] button in the block's formatting toolbar, select Edit as HTML, then paste in your E-junkie button code wherever you want that to appear within the rest of that block's content.
If you're still using the classic WordPress editor:
You will need to switch to the editor's HTML or Text view (rather than the regular Visual or WYSIWYG view), where you can see the raw HTML code and paste your button codes in there. You may need to save directly from the Text/HTML view without switching back to Visual mode, as we have seen cases where switching back to Visual mode before saving can remove or garble important aspects of our button code.
The Raw HTML plugin should help prevent the WordPress software or other plugins from garbling your button codes after you paste them in, even if you need to switch back and forth between Text/HTML and Visual modes. You should be able to search for and auto-install that plugin from your WP Admin panel, or use the link above to visit the plugin page and download it to install manually; that link also provides instructions on how to use Raw HTML. See the Troubleshooting link here for additional information about common problems you may encounter adding E-junkie to your WordPress site.
E-junkie plugin for WordPress
NOTE: This plugin is only available if you have the WordPress.org software installed on your own Web site; it will not work with a free blog hosted on WordPress.com.
We now offer an E-junkie plugin for WordPress that can automatically generate a storefront section of your WordPress site, using the same product listing details and images as an E-junkie Shop or Product Card. You can search for and install this plugin from your WP Admin panel—make sure you choose the official E-junkie WordPress Sell Digital Downloads plugin.
After installing the plugin, you will need to enter Shop Settings to set it up:
- Client ID: You can find this in your E-junkie Dashboard under Manage Seller Account > View Account Summary;
- Client API Key: (Optional) You can find this in your E-junkie Dashboard via the Products API link at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar menu:
- If you fill this in, the plugin shop will list all of the products in your E-junkie account by default;
- If you leave this blank, the plugin shop will only list products shown in your E-junkie Shop in our site's Marketplace.
- Shop URL: Enter the subfolder of your site where you want the plugin to generate your shop:
- E.g., if you enter
shophere, your shop will be generated at
- Make sure your site doesn't already have anything at the Shop URL you enter -- try browsing to it first and make sure it comes up blank or "404 Not Found".
- E.g., if you enter
- Shop Name: Enter a title for your shop, which will be shown in the browser tab and at the top of each shop page;
- Click Save Changes to apply your plugin Shop Settings.
The plugin may then take a few minutes to retrive data for your E-junkie account and products, so it can generate a shop in your WordPress site at the Shop URL you'd entered. The plugin also supports the E-junkie Template Engine, which you can use to customize the template files the plugin uses to generate shop and product pages in your WordPress site.
- Hide Out of Stock Products: Removes products from your shop that use the Limit available stock setting when they run out of units in stock;
- Show Related Products: Product pages can list other related products, based on the Category Tags you assign in their Product Listing details;
- Pinned Up Products: Moves products to the top of your shop list;
- Pinned Down Products: Moves products to the end of your shop list;
- Hidden Products: Removes products from your shop list.
If you have a free blog hosted on WordPress.com:
PayPal sales on other platforms ebay Digital Delivery Sell Unlimited Downloads Just for ebay Digital Delivery Selling online from an email message or newsletter, messenger, or social network Selling in E-junkie Marketplace Selling on a Website or Blog Patreon Digital Delivery Using E-junkie with Blogger (blogspot.com)