Discounts allow you to create and accept "virtual coupons", put your products temporarily "on sale", create promotional offers, create and sell gift certificates—anything where you'd want to offer some buyers a reduced price without actually changing the standard price of your products in Seller Admin. Any discounts applied to an order would be shown in your E-junkie Transaction Log. You can have up to a maximum of 10,000 discounts configured at any one time.
You can add new discounts or edit/delete existing discounts in your E-junkie Dashboard under Manage Shipping, Tax, Discounts > Discount & Gift Coupon Settings. E-junkie Shopping Cart buttons support all of our Discount settings, but Buy Now buttons can only support item-specific Discount Codes which have no qualifying conditions (see more info here).
This menu lists any discounts you have already created, sorted in alphabetical order by their Discount Name. You can also click the Add New Discount button here to create a new discount. Note that discounts with multiple Discount Codes are listed first in the menu, followed by any single-code and automatic discounts. When you select a discount here, any Discount Code(s) for it will appear listed below the menu, where you can click the View/Edit button to see or change its settings in detail, or tick the box next to any code(s) you want to remove and then click Delete Selected Discounts.
This is where you would define a new discount after you click the Add New Discount button, or view/edit settings for an existing discount after you select it from the Current Discounts menu and click the View/Edit button for it.
- Discount Name
- Brief description of the discount for your own reference (this is not shown to buyers). This is also how we distinguish one discount from another, so make sure you give each discount its own, unique name. This field is only shown when adding a new discount.
- Discount Applies To
- Item Unit Price: Reduce the original per-unit price of the selected product by a flat amount or percentage (can take up to 99% off, or for a 100% Item Unit Price discount choose a Flat Amount equal or greater than the item price);
- Cart Item Total: Take a single flat amount or percentage off the total price of all items in the buyer's cart;
- Shipping & Handling: Take a flat amount or percentage off the calculated Shipping & Handling charge in the buyer's cart;
- Discount Amount
- Enter an amount and select whether that will be treated as a Flat Amount or % Off.
- Discount Code(s)
- Leave this blank if you want the discount applied automatically to every order that meets the discount's Min. Item Quantity/Total thresholds; these discounts would appear as "Current Promotion" in your cart and Transaction Log (note that such automatic discounts require Cart buttons and will not work with Buy Now buttons).
- If you will require buyers to enter a Discount Code to claim the discount before checkout, enter your desired Code(s) here. These codes are handled as character strings (e.g., entering
00123is not the same as
123) which are not case-sensitive (e.g., entering
a1b2c3is the same as
A1B2C3). You can also paste a list of Codes (one code per line), which will spin off a series of identical discounts, one for each code you paste in, all saved under a common Discount Name.
- Tip: To generate a list of random codes automatically, you could use a random string-generator site like Random.org/strings.
- Discount Expires After
- Max. Use Count: Maximum number of orders that can be placed with the discount—e.g., useful for single-use discount codes, gift coupons, or "first 100 customers" types of promotion. If you paste a list of Discount Codes, then the Max. Use Count applies to each code independently (rather than counting all uses of all codes in the list). Leave this set to 0 or blank for a discount with unlimited uses (until you disable or delete the discount). This setting requires Cart buttons; it will not work with Buy Now buttons. Note this is not a per-buyer use count (which cannot be reliably tracked/enforced); if you want to limit a discount to one use per customer, paste in a list of codes, set Max. Use Count=1, then issue each buyer their own, unique code from the list.
- Expiration Date: Set a date/time when the discount will become invalid, or set 0000-00-00 00:00:00 (or just leave the expiration blank) for a discount that will never expire until you manually delete it. You can also set this to a past date to temporarily disable a discount. This setting requires Cart buttons; it will not work with Buy Now buttons.
- Minimum-order Requirements
- Leave these at zero or blank if you don't want to require a minimum order threshold to qualify for the discount.
- Min. Item Quantity: Minimum number of items that must be in the cart to qualify for the discount. For Item Unit Price discounts, this would be the quantity of just that particular item in the buyer's cart. This setting requires Cart buttons; it will not work with Buy Now buttons.
- Min. Item Total: Minimum total price (not counting tax or shipping) that must be met in order to qualify for the discount. For Item Unit Price discounts, this would be the total price (unit price × quantity) of just that particular item in the buyer's cart. This setting requires Cart buttons; it will not work with Buy Now buttons.
At any one time, a buyer's cart can have at most one discount applied to each of the following, in any combination:
- The Cart Item Total;
- The Shipping & Handling amount;
- The Item Unit Price of each product in their cart.
Discount codes override automatic (no-code) discounts applied to the same thing, and codes applied later would override discounts applied earlier to the same thing(s). If more than one automatic (no-code) discount applies to a given cart or item, the greater discount would be the one applied. Item Unit Price discounts are applied before Cart Item Total discounts—i.e., item prices are marked down first, before a percentage would be taken off their remaining Cart Item Total.
Customize Thank-you Pages Create and manage an affiliate program Selling Ebooks and PDF Stamping Sending Updates and Newsletters Customize Thank-you Email Sales Tracking with Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Pixel, etc. Charging Sales Tax and VAT Integration with custom scripts and third-party services Transaction Log Block Buyers/Transactions Shipping and Packaging calculator Inventory Management Webhook integration with custom scripts and third-party services