Selling packaged products that bundle multiple files (like music albums)
If you just want to sell a packaged product because your product consists of multiple files, just compress all your files into a single ZIP file and upload it to a Single File Download product. This is fast, easy and only consumes one product slot. However, this approach is not ideal if you will also be selling each file separately on E-junkie; see Approach B below for a better way to handle that scenario.
- If your file is huge, buyers on a slow Internet connection might take a while to download it;
- The standard Safari browser on Apple iOS devices (iPad/iPhone) will only download a file if the device has an app installed that can open that type of file, so you may need to advise these buyers to install a ZIP app before they can download your ZIP file successfully;
- Many unzip utilities have trouble with files larger than 4 GB, so for best results keep your final ZIP file and any files contained within it smaller than that limit; you could deliver a collection of multiple ZIP files, each under 4 GB, by combining the ZIP method with Approach B below.
This method would be best suited when you are also selling each file individually as well as bundled together into a package deal (e.g., individual tracks sold both separately and together as a full album), or otherwise when creating a .zip archive would be impractical. This will also work to combine product-specific redirection and downloads together into a bundle product that issues a collection links for each of them together. You could also use this method if you need to provide the same single file for multiple different products. Finally, this can also be used to create a product that affects the inventory remaining in stock for other products which Limit available stock.
- Create separate products for each individual file by going to Seller Admin > Add New Product;
- Once you Submit each single-file product, you can upload its file and get Add to Cart or Buy Now buttons to sell these individual products separately;
- Create another product for your bundle by going to Seller Admin > Add New Product and tick the box for Bundle Other Products;
- This will display a list of other products which already have Single File Download, Redirection, or Limit Available Stock enabled;
- Select the other product(s) that already have a file which the bundle product should issue (or whose inventory in stock should be affected) -- to select multiple items or deselect any item, hold the Ctrl key (on PC) or Command key (on Mac) while clicking;
- Obtain your Add to Cart or Buy Now button to sell the bundle product on your Web site.
When your buyers purchase your package product, they will be able to download each file and/or access the redirection URLs individually. Your attempts/hours expiration settings will be the same for each link in the bundle, as determined in the bundle product's settings, rather than following the expiration settings of each component product. Note that purchasing a bundle product is not the same as placing an order for all its bundled products individually; the bundle is its own distinct product, which just happens to issue files already uploaded to other products and/or affect other products' inventory counts.
Musicians can use this feature to sell complete albums. Other sellers can use it to provide package deals to their customers like "Buy A & B together for just $X.XX". On the download page, the list of files is in alphabetical order so if you want them to appear in a particular order, start your product names with 01, 02, and so on.
- PDF files issued for products using the Bundle Other Products setting cannot engage our PDF Stamping feature, which only works with products using Single File Download with an uploaded PDF;
- The "Bundle other products" feature does not work the same as actually purchasing the bundled products individually; the bundle product is a distinct product of its own, which issues files uploaded to other products, or affects the inventory counts of other products, and that's all it can do regarding other products -- i.e., anything else you want the bundle product to do should be set up for the bundle product itself;
- Need to make a bundle that doesn't issue other products' files nor affect their inventory? You don't need to use the bundling feature at all; just make a new product that you will understand to be a combination of other products when you fulfill that order.
If you're offering bonus files with purchase of your main download product and not terribly concerned about theft of the bonus files, you could just upload those files to your Web site or a third-party file-hosting service and place static links to those files in the thank-you page for the main download product. Your HTML for those links would go in the Product Thank-you Page HTML field of the relevant item's settings, so they will only be displayed on the thank-you page when that product is purchased. However, since you are providing these bonus files via static links, buyers could conceivably share those bonus links with others, who could use them to obtain the bonus files directly without a purchase. One advantage of this approach is that you could still apply PDF Stamping to the main download file.
Creating products with options Sell Downloads Digital delivery fulfillment of downloads, codes/serials/keys/PINs, or redirection to premium content Selling Generated Codes Redirection Selling stored codes, phone cards, registration/serial/license keys, discount coupons Selling Tangible Goods Name-your-price products or donations