« Return to PayPal Payments Standard Shopping Cart
- If you have not yet Verified your PayPal account, PayPal may hold incoming payments in Pending status until you do so;
- If the buyer funded their payment by eCheck, the payment will be Pending in your account till the payment clears, which could take up to a week or so because the banks process eChecks just like a real, paper check; once that check clears, PayPal will notify our system, so we can process the sale for you.
- If PayPal detects something potentially fishy about a payment, they may hold the payment in Pending status while it's under review, which normally clears within the day.
- Make sure the PayPal Email you have entered in your E-junkie Dashboard under Manage Seller Account > Edit Profile matches the email address you use to log into your PayPal account, or you could also use a secondary email you have added to your PayPal account and Confirmed with PayPal; if you have not yet Confirmed that email address with PayPal, any payments sent to it may be held in Pending status until you do Confirm it.
- Payment can also be pending due your PayPal settings. In this case, when you accept a payment manually the first time, PayPal will ask your preference for such payments and apply them to future payments.
- If you have a PayPal Business account, go to [your name] > Account Settings > Payment preferences > Block Payments:
- We recommend blocking nothing here to accept all payments automatically.
- However, you can also choose to block some of the listed payment types if you wish; just make sure the setting For items not sold on eBay, only allow payments from customers with Confirmed address is NOT set to "Ask Me";
- In your E-junkie Dashboard under Manage Seller Account > Edit Preferences > Payment Preferences, you may have enabled "Only authorize payments and charge them manually...", which also disables "Wait for pending payments..." on that screen:
- This means that you are telling PayPal to not actually charge your buyers' checkout payments, but only authorize the amount and set the payment in Pending status, so you can manually review the payment in your PayPal account later and decide whether to actually accept it;
- However, this means we will process these orders as soon as the buyer finishes checkout successfully, regardless of whether you take the extra step of actually accepting their payment later.
- Unless you have a specific reason for doing this, we recommend that you disable the "Only authorize..." setting and enable the "Wait for pending payments..." setting.