After nearly ten years Tumblr
is one of the main social networking systems available. And with over 300 million blogs and over 550 million people visiting the site each month, it would seem that Tumblr would be a great place to advertise your business, be it online or a brick and mortar shop.
Lets take a look at some of the advantages to advertising your business via Tumblr.
- One of the advantages of using Tumblr is that unlike many sites used for blogs, WordPress and the like, Tumblr is also a social networking tool. This means that as you gain followers, other people can be exposed to your advertisement. This means with little work on your side you add can travel much further on “word of mouth”.
- Another is the options Tumblr has to integrate SEO options. This allows you to track using Google Analytics, or other options to see when someone clicks on your Tumblr ads.
- Finally, a great advantage with using Tumblr is that it is simple to use and setup. You do not have to be a great coder to get something fitting setup. However, if you do know what you are doing you can customize it even more to get a more unique page customized to your business.
But that can also be a disadvantage.
- If you do not know extra coding you will be stuck using the basic setup with the templates that are available. There is nothing wrong with these, but other businesses may also be using them.
- Unless your entire target market is going to be on Tumblr, you will not reach all of them. But keep in mind that chances are that is going to be true about any place you advertise, unless your market is extremely niche, you will usually not reach all of them through one outlet.
- Lastly, the biggest disadvantage for Tumblr is that everything is on their system, on their server. If something causes their server to go down, your page is going to go with it. That said, large companies like Tumblr don't usually have problems like that; Tumblr going down would be as likely as FaceBook or Twitter going down.
You may not have a Tumblr page yet, but it is not hard to get started, by going to their site
. And it is never a bad idea to be out there in as many outlets as possible.
Good Luck and Good Sales