When you sell online you want to be able to collect your buyers’ information so you can send them updates, newsletters, etc. While we do have our own Newsletter/Update feature
, you may want to use a different one, like AWeber
. You can integrate those with the E-junkie Shopping Cart. Recently, we walked you through our third-party integration feature and some of the options you can use to customize it
and this week we are going to talk about integrating E-junkie with a third-party mailing system.
While there are may be a number of different mailing systems that will work with our system, the ones I want to go through are for AWeber
because they are ones we get asked about most often.
To set up a single mailing list for all of your buyers you will follow these steps:
- On the right side of the Seller Admin page click Edit Preferences.
- After the page loads, scroll down to reach the Custom/Third-Party Integration option on the right side of that page. You will need to enter in the following information:
- This URL: http://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/o_plug.php?&aweber=YOURLISTID@aweber.com
- The “YOURLISTID” should be replaced with the Numeric ID of the Aweber mailing list you want buyers added to. The Custom/Third-Party Integration section would look like this…
- Click Submit to save the new settings.
To set up a product specific mailing list you will use these steps:
- On the right side of the Seller Admin page click on the View/Edit/Delete Products option.
- Use the drop down menu to select the product and click View/Edit Product.
- On the right side of the page is the Custom/Third-Party Integration option, you will want to set it up the same as the image above, and once again click Submit to save the settings.
And to finalize everything, you'll then need to go to your AWeber account. First go to the settings for the list you want customers to be added to.
- On that page, under list options you will want to click Email Parser.
- On the following page you will want to select E-junkie.com.
- And you're good to go!
Integrating E-junkie with MailChimp starts on MailChimp’s site.
- Start by clicking on your profile name and selecting Account in the drop down.
- Click Integrations.
- On that page go to the E-junkie option and choose the list you want to add buyers to.
- Further down the page you'll see a URL. Copy that URL to enter into your E-junkie account.
- Now go to your E-junkie Account. To add all your buyers to that list, click on the Edit Preferences option.
- In the field on the right, paste the URL you got from MailChimp.
- Click Submit to save the setting.
- If you are adding the code to a specific product (to add buyers of specific product to a specific list), then you will start by going to the View/Edit/Delete Products option on the Seller Admin page.
- Use the drop down menu to select the product and click the View/Edit Product button.
- On the edit product page, on the right side, make sure there is a check mark in the box for Custom/Third-Party Integration.
- Paste the URL into the field, same as the image above.
- Click Submit to save the new product setting.
And that is how you setup E-junkie to work with AWeber or MailChimp.
Do you have any questions about using E-junkie? If so, e-mail our support staff at any time here.