Buy Now buttons can only apply product-specific Discount Codes which the buyer would enter manually to markdown the per-unit price of a specific product. Since Buy Now buttons bypass our cart and take buyers directly to an instant checkout, it will be necessary to use a version of the Buy Now button code that provides buyers with a text-entry field where they can enter a Discount Code on your page before they click the Buy Now button.
Accepting Discount Codes with Buy Now buttons:
- On the Get Button Codes screen, click the tab for Buy Now buttons;
- Select which payment processor will be used for checkout with this Buy Now button (NOTE: discounts will not work with ClickBank at all);
- Tick the checkbox Let buyers enter discount code;
- Copy the button codes provided;
- Paste the codes into your page where you want the button to appear with a text box for discount codes;
- Buyers will be able to enter their discount code in the text box before clicking the Buy Now button to make their purchase;
- See below for details about discount settings that cannot be used with Buy Now buttons.
Discount limitations for Buy Now buttons:
Buy Now buttons can only use Discount Codes that alter the Item Unit Price by a Flat Amount with an optional Expiration Date but no other conditions -- i.e., Buy Now buttons cannot use discounts which:
- Apply to Cart Item Total or Shipping & Handling;
- Have no Discount Code for the buyer to enter manually;
- Reduce the item price to 0.00 (free);
- Apply a %-based discount (instead, you can make it a Flat Amount equal to the desired % of the item's original price);
- Have qualifying conditions such as:
- Max. Use Count;
- Min. Item Total;
- Min. Item Quantity.