How to integrate E-junkie with Constant Contact
Due to new GDPR regulations on how buyer data must be handled, this Constant Contact integration will normally only subscribe buyers who deliberately tick the opt-in checkbox to subscribe to your newsletter when placing their order. For direct card payments and E-junkie Free Checkout, we provide this opt-in box on our card checkout screen. However, for buyers who go through PayPal checkout, we can currently only provide this opt-in box after checkout on the thank-you/download page we generate for their order.
If your product is itself a paid subscription to receive periodic delivery of purchased content via email, we can manually enable "soft opt-in" for the product -- i.e., a subscription opt-in implicit by the fact they knowingly chose to purchase a subscription product -- to ensure that all buyers of the product are subscribed. If you'd like us to do this, just contact us to let us know which product(s) should have it enabled.
Your connection to Constant Contact is completely automated and can be turned off at any time.
Follow these steps to set up the integration:
- In your E-junkie Dashboard, go to Manage Seller Account > Edit Preferences;
- In the integration window click the words Connect with Constant Contact to visit their site;
- Log into your Constant Contact account (or create one if you haven't already);
- Give permission for E-junkie to connect to your Constant Contact account;
- You'll be returned to your E-junkie account after connecting;
- The names of your existing email lists will be available in our system to connect to individual products or set as an account-wide default list.
Use one general list for your whole account, or assign lists to individual products
Your existing Constant Contact email lists will be imported into our system once you have connected.
To assign one default list for your whole account:
Return to the Edit Preferences screen and click the Integration button for Constant Contact again. Select the list you wish to use in the Default List menu and click the green Save button. There's no need to look up any special list IDs, all of your lists are available in the menu to be selected by name.
To override your default list on a specific product:
Edit the relevant product in your E-junkie Dashboard. There is a special product button for Constant Contact available in the Integrations section of the View/Edit Product screen. Select the list you wish to chose in the List ID menu and click the green Save button.