When a buyer proceeds to checkout with PayPal, they may see this error message:
Things don’t appear to be working at the moment
That is a generic error message, which could be caused by at least a few different things we're aware of:
- Your PayPal account settings may be requiring "encrypted" PayPal button codes;
- If this happens when testing your own purchase buttons:
- PayPal checkout won't let you "pay yourself", so you can't test with the same PayPal account you'd be using to receive the payment;
- PayPal "guest checkout" for card payment without a PayPal account won't work with any card that's already linked to a PayPal account.
- You may have entered an incorrect PayPal Email address in your E-junkie profile settings:
- In this case, PayPal checkouts from your E-junkie shopping cart may show this error after the buyer logs into PayPal, while your E-junkie Buy Now buttons for PayPal may not show the error, though the payment would ultimately wind up stuck in Unclaimed status with PayPal;
- The PayPal Email you enter in E-junkie Dashboard under Manange Seller Account > Edit Profile must be either the email address you use to log into PayPal, or a Confirmed secondary email you've added to your PayPal account.
Aside from those known issues, the error may otherwise indicate a problem with your PayPal account, so you would need to contact PayPal to sort that out.