This help page explains the basic functions of using the E-junkie affiliate system as an affiliate.
E-junkie is an online shopping cart service with a built-in affiliate system. If you would like to be an affiliate for one of our merchants you will be able to use our affiliate tools at no cost by signing up for a free E-junkie account. If you are already a merchant you can use your existing account to be an affiliate as well!
You will only need to register for one E-junkie account to be an affiliate, even if you are working with more than one merchant at a time. You should also be exempt from receiving any automatic notices about starting a subscription with E-junkie (only merchants need to do that) but if you do see any such notices about a payment you can safely disregard them.
Each seller runs their own affiliate programs independantly, with their own policies and payment schedules. It is the responsibility of each merchant to answer questions about their own programs, as we will have no way of knowing what special instructions they may want you to follow or how they administer their program using our software. You can use the Contact Merchant link in your E-junkie Affiliate Admin screen to send a message to any given merchant you're connected with.
How to join a Merchant's Affiliate Program:
- Click the merchant's sign-up link;
- If you are not already logged into E-junkie, this will take you to E-junkie's login/registration page where you can:
- Log into your existing E-junkie account;
- Register for a new account if you don't have one.
- Log into your existing E-junkie account;
- Click on the Affiliate Admin button in the top header;
- If you registered a new account, click Edit Profile in the sidebar menu:
- Enter the PayPal Email where you want to receive commission payments;
- Enter Your Name or Business Name;
- Provide other optional information;
- Click Apply to save changes.
- Click Affiliate Programs in the sidebar menu;
- The Your Affiliate Programs menu lists the affiliate programs you have joined;
- Select the merchant whose link codes you want to get (if you'd just joined a program, that should be pre-selected here upon arrival);
- Note: if you cannot find your Merchant listed in this menu, you may need to stay logged in and click the Merchant's sign-up link again (see further details here).
- This will display some information and tools for the selected program:
- View Earnings Report - Displays a list of sales resulting from your referrals to that merchant and any commissions earned on those sales;
- More Information - Links to a page the merchant has provided with further details, instructions, etc. for their affiliates;
- Contact Merchant - Links to a contact form you can use to send a message to the email address we have on file for that merchant.
- Common Hop Link (recommended):
- If code is provided here, copy that and paste it into your page wherever you wish to refer buyers to the merchant's site;
- You can copy the HTML Button Code to paste directly into the raw source code of a Web page
- You can copy the Text Link to post a link anywhere you can't use HTML code.
- Product-Specific Links & Info:
- This may display any Product Share % that would override the merchant's Common Share %, and other details about the item price;
- Product Hop Link - redirects to the merchant's sales page for the selected item (you do not need to use a product-specific link to earn the Product Share %);
- Product Direct Link - works like a Buy Now button you can place in your own page to let buyers place an order with the merchant directly from there.
Looking for other affiliate programs you could join? You can search our Marketplace for products with affiliate programs (or to search for only digital products, click here).
How Hop Links Work:
When you click your Hop Link, you will not see your ID anywhere on the seller's page, nor is that necessary to credit you for the sale, and the buyer does not even need to purchase anything immediately after clicking your link. Clicking your Hop Link sets a cookie in the buyer's browser which expires in 6 months, then we redirect them to the seller's page for that link. Regardless of what kind of Hop Link a buyer follows, you will earn the Product Share % on any purchased items that have one, or the Common Share % on any other purchased items, even if they go directly back to the seller's site later without clicking through your link again.
Merchants typically pay out commissions via PayPal on a monthly lump-sum basis sometime in the month after the completed calendar month when commissions were earned -- e.g., commission earnings for sales in January would be paid out sometime in February. Make sure you have entered your PayPal email in Affiliate Admin > Edit Profile, so merchants will be able to pay you easily. However, each merchant is free to set their own Affiliate commission pay-out method and schedule; if you have questions about this, you can use the Contact Merchant button in your Affiliate Admin to send the merchant a message.