Help for Affiliates
This help page explains the basic functions of using the E-junkie affiliate system as an affiliate.
- If you are a merchant looking to set up your own affiliate program, please see this help page.
E-junkie provides a fully automated software service which allows merchants to manage their own affiliate programs, so you can refer buyers to their site or sell their products from your site to earn a commission on your referrals. You only need one E-junkie account to join as many E-junkie merchants' affiliate programs as you wish. In your E-junkie Affiliate Admin, you will only see the merchants listed whose program you have already joined.
It is each merchant's responsibility to provide support to their own affiliates. Please contact the merchant who operates your affiliate program with any other questions you may have about their program, as E-junkie has no way of knowing what instructions they may want you to follow or how they choose to administer their affiliate program using our software. You can use the Contact Merchant linkin your E-junkie Affiliate Admin to send a message to the email address we have on file for a given merchant.
How to join a Merchant's Affiliate Program:
- Click the merchant's sign-up link;
- If you are not already logged into E-junkie, this will take you to E-junkie's login/registration page where you can:
- Log into your existing E-junkie account;
- Register for a new account if you don't have one.
- Log into your existing E-junkie account;
- You will arrive at your Affiliate Admin;
- If you registered a new account, go to Edit Profile:
- Type the PayPal Email where you want to receive commission payments;
- Type Your Name or Business Name;
- Provide other optional information;
- Click Apply to save changes.
- The Your Affiliate Programs menu lists the affiliate programs you have joined;*
- Select the merchant whose link codes you want to get (if you'd just joined a program, that will be pre-selected here upon arrival);
- This will display some information and tools for the selected program:
- View Earnings Report - Displays a list of sales resulting from your referrals to that merchant and any commissions earned on those sales;
- More Information - Links to a page the merchant has provided with further details, instructions, etc. for their affiliates;
- Contact Merchant - Links to a contact form you can use to send a message to the email address we have on file for that merchant.
- Common Hop Link (recommended):
- If code is provided here, copy that and paste it into your page wherever you wish to refer buyers to the merchant's site;
- The code we provide is the full HTML that creates a clickable link when pasted directly into the raw source code of a Web page;
- Need to post a link somewhere you can't use HTML code? See tips here.
- Product-Specific Links & Info:
- This may display any Product Share % that would override the merchant's Common Share %, and other details about the item price;
- Product Hop Link - redirects to the merchant's sales page for the selected item (you do not need to use a product-specific link to earn the Product Share %);
- Product Direct Link - works like a Buy Now button you can place in your own page to let buyers place an order with the merchant directly from there.
*Note: if you did not find your Merchant listed in your Affiliate Admin > Get Affiliate Codes screen, you may need to stay logged in and click the Merchant's sign-up link again (see further details here).
How Hop Links Work:
When you click your Hop Link, you will not see your ID anywhere on the seller's page, nor is that necessary to credit you for the sale, and the buyer does not even need to purchase anything immediately after clicking your link. Clicking your Hop Link sets a cookie in the buyer's browser which expires in 6 months, then we redirect them to the seller's page for that link. Regardless of what kind of Hop Link a buyer follows, you will earn the Product Share % on any purchased items that have one, or the Common Share % on any other purchased items, even if they go directly back to the seller's site later without clicking through your link again.
Merchants typically pay out commissions via PayPal on a monthly lump-sum basis sometime in the month after the completed calendar month when commissions were earned -- e.g., commission earnings for sales in January would be paid out sometime in February. Make sure you have entered your PayPal email in Affiliate Admin > Edit Profile, so merchants will be able to pay you easily. However, each merchant is free to set their own Affiliate commission pay-out method and schedule; if you have questions about this, you can use the Contact Merchant button in your Affiliate Admin to send the merchant a message.