Did you know?
- You can sell anything (digital or tangible) with E-junkie, anywhere!
- You can sell software, ebooks, mp3s, phone cards, t-shirts, posters, books, CDs, DVDs, toys, knitting patterns, videos, stock photos, fonts, graphics, themes, discount coupons, artwork, scooters, articles, event tickets and anything else you can imagine!
- You can use E-junkie to accept donations or other variable-amount payments for pending invoices and auctions.
- It only takes a minute to start selling. Really.
How to start selling with E-junkie?
First, you will need to have an E-junkie account. If you haven't registered for a login with E-junkie yet, this help page explains how to register and activate your new E-junkie account.
- Log into your E-junkie Seller Admin;
- If you are selling with PayPal (PayPal Payments Standard), just make sure you enter your PayPal email in Seller Admin > Manage Seller Account > Edit Profile (the first time you Activate your brand-new E-junkie account, you should be taken directly to this Edit Profile screen);
- If you are selling with any other payment processors we support, make sure you follow our instructions to integrate your chosen payment service(s) with your E-junkie account.
Adding a product in E-junkie Seller Admin
Before you start selling with E-junkie, you need to add your products in E-junkie Admin. As a general rule, if you don't recognize what a particular setting is for, it probably doesn't concern your needs, so you can safely just ignore it; just focus on what you want to set up, and then look for settings to accomplish that.
- Log into your E-junkie Seller Admin;
- Click the Add New Product link in your E-junkie Seller Admin;
- Specify the Name and Price for your product and select a Currency;
- Other checkboxes allow you to enable optional features such as a Single File Download, Shipping, Tax, Variations/Variants (selection of color/size/style/etc.) and more -- all of these settings are more fully explained in our help pages;
- Products you configure with any Digital Delivery settings will automatically send buyers a thank-you email to claim their digital product, but tangible goods will not normally send a thank-you email of their own; you can type an Email Message which will be sent for tangible goods or added to our standard email for digital goods, or you can Enable Templated Email to customize the full message from start to finish and insert details from the buyer's order wherever you wish in the message body.
- Press the Submit button to save the product and proceed to the Button Codes screen;
- This is where you will obtain your E-junkie Cart or Buy Now button code:
- Copy the button codes provided and paste them into your website, wherever you want the buttons to appear among your own layout, text and images (you can also obtain this code later by clicking Get Cart/Buy Now Button Codes in your Seller Admin);
- If you are selling a download item, the Upload Product File button will also appear on this screen, or you can upload the file later by editing the product, where you will find the Upload button in the product settings.
- You do not need E-junkie button code if you are selling on eBay or some other auction site.
- You do not need E-junkie button code if you are only selling from your E-junkie Shop on our site.
- If you wish to customize the appearance of your buttons, the top of this help page explains how to modify your button code.
Using the button code
- If you are selling on your own website or blog:
- If you can edit your sales pages, you just need to paste our button code into the raw HTML source code of your page by using the HTML editor you regularly use to maintain your site;
- If you are using a site builder, look for the option which lets you paste HTML into your website (we have tips for many popular site builders here);
- See additional tips here.
- Selling on Facebook and other social networks
- See this help page for tips
- If you are selling on a site like Twitter, Craigslist, Flickr, YouTube, or in a forum or email newsletter which does not let you paste HTML, but does let you paste a link:
- From your E-junkie Add to Cart or Buy Now button codes, take the
https://www.e-junkie.com/ecom/gb.php?c=cart&ejc=2&cl=YYYYYY&i=XXXXXX) and paste that wherever you can post a link.
- If you are selling on eBay or a similar site:
- You don't need to use the button code. Click here for details.
Selling particular products
A product in E-junkie can be a file, a code, a tangible item, any combination of these three (like a CD with mp3 downloads, Software download with registration code), or even a donation or a "pay me now" variable amount kind of thing.
- File Downloads
- E-junkie does not differentiate between file formats, so you can use E-junkie to sell any type of file. Selling mp3 files or selling videos is not much different than selling ebooks. If you want to provide a collection of files for a single product, this help page explains some approaches for that.
- Serial/License/Registration/PIN Codes (Stored or Generated)
- Click here for help on selling phone cards, discount codes, or registration/serial/license codes
- Tangible Items
- Just enable Shipping/Buyer's Address in the settings of each product that should trigger collection of a street address during checkout; this help page explains how to set up shipping calculation. If you want buyers to select product options such as size, color, etc. or enter some text regarding their product, click here for help on product options/variants
- See how various E-junkie features can be combined to sell event tickets
- Donations/ Invoices/Other variable-amount payments
- Just enable the Let buyer edit price option, so your buyer will be able to enter the price in the cart itself; you can also optionally specify a Minimum Price (which buyers cannot undercut) and/or a Suggested Price (which will pre-fill the price field when a buyer adds the item to their cart).