Lost income due to COVID-19? E-junkie is providing 1 year free accounts to sell anything, anywhere. Click Here for more details.
Glossary of Terms
- E-junkie Account
- When you register for a login at E-junkie -- whether to sell your products, become an affiliate,
or simply to participate in the E-junkie community -- you create an E-junkie account which gives you access to use these features on our site.
- E-junkie Admin
- When you are logged into your E-junkie account, the Admin is your control panel where you manage your account and product settings, obtain button/link codes, view your sales logs, etc.
- You only need to pay E-junkie if you're using our system to sell your own products; however, if you are only using E-junkie to participate in
any merchants' affiliate programs, or the E-junkie Community Forum, then you are free to use our service indefinitely at no charge. If you wish to continue selling with E-junkie after your initial trial period, you will need to start a subscription payment plan.
- Seller or Merchant
- Someone who is using their E-junkie account to sell their own products online. We tend to use the term Merchant more often when we're referring to the Seller's role in managing an affiliate program, to distinguish between the Affiliate who is performing a sales role (in the marketing/lead-generating sense) vs. the Merchant who is actually receiving the buyer's payment and providing the product.
- Someone who is using their E-junkie account to promote products of one or more E-junkie merchants , typically to earn commissions on their referred sales.
- Button Code
- Purchase Button URL
- All of our button codes have a link with a URL (Web address), which is the most basic thing you would need to sell online through E-junkie. Even if you cannot paste the full HTML of your button code, you may at least be able to paste the button URL alone, either by itself (as in a plaintext email) or as the destination of a link you create manually in some interface (as in a forum post).
- Image URL
- In our button code, this would be the Web address of the button image file itself. You can replace our standard button with a custom button by replacing the image URL in our button code with the URL of your substitute image.
- Product Listing
- Sellers can optionally post product listings in their own E-junkie Shop on our site (see below), which is primarily useful for sellers who don't have a Web site of their own, or who don't wish to paste our purchase button codes into their site, or who want existing affiliates in our system to be able to find their affiliate program.
- E-junkie Shop
- A page on our site which features all Product Listings a given seller has posted. Your E-junkie Shop URL would initially be based on your account ID (such as https://37.e-junkie.com/) but you can also customize the first part of your E-junkie Shop URL (such as https://fatfreecartshop.e-junkie.com/) in Seller Admin > Manage Seller Account > Edit Preferences.
- E-junkie Marketplace
- For Sellers who start a paid subscription, Product Listings from their E-junkie Shop would also appear in the general E-junkie Marketplace, where search engines like Google can find them; this is also where existing affiliates in our system can browse or search for affiliate programs to join.
- Product or Item
- What the Seller is selling -- may be a tangible object, a digital file, or a service. We tend to use the term Product to refer to its configuration in Seller Admin, whereas Item generally refers to an instance of that product that a buyer adds to their cart and purchases.
- Login Email
- The email address you use to sign into your E-junkie account, which is also where our system will send any notification messages.
- Display Email
- The seller contact email address we disclose to your buyers, such as on your thank-you pages and as the Reply-to: header in your thank-you email messages.
- PayPal Email
- The email address identifying the PayPal account where you will receive payment from your buyers who use PayPal checkout; this should be either the email address you use to sign into your PayPal account or a Confirmed secondary email you've added to your PayPal account.
- Notification E-mail
- E-junkie will automatically send you a notification email when we process a sale after the payment processor notifies us of a completed checkout payment, and when other events pertaining to your account activity happen (e.g., if a product's inventory gets down to the last 5 units, if your subscription gets canceled by PayPal unexpectedly, etc.). These will always be sent
From: e-junkie.com, so you may want to add that to your address book, contact list, or your spam filter's whitelist to help ensure these messages don't get erroneously flagged as spam.
- A completed sale, where a buyer has placed their order and completed their payment with the payment processor. Once the payment processor transmits confirmation of a completed payment to our system, we will process the sale to complete the transaction.
- Transaction ID
- This identifies a specific, completed payment item in your account with the payment processor who handled the buyer's checkout; we also reference this ID in your Transaction Log and thank-you page link URLs.
- Sale/Transaction Processing
- This happens after the buyer finishes checkout and their payment processor transmits IPN (or equivalent) to our system confirming the buyer's payment was good and Completed. We then grant the buyer access to a thank-you page where we present their unique download link(s) automatically, and we also issue them a thank-you email with a link to reach the thank-you/download page in case they did not proceed to the download page after checkout, and we also save the order data to your E-junkie Transaction Log and send you a Sale Notification email.
- This stands for Instant Payment Notification, which is PayPal's term for the confirmation of completed payment they transmit to our system along with the order data, so we can safely process the sale for you after payment is secured; more loosely speaking, this may also refer to the equivalent confirmation of completed payment we receive from a payment processor other than PayPal.
- Tangible Goods
- Physical products which are typically shipped to the buyer. These types of product would typically be configured to use the Shipping setting, which enables calculation of shipping charges in the buyer's cart and triggers collection of the buyer's address during checkout. Sellers whose entire product range consists of Tangible Goods only are eligible to Subscribe to special pricing plans which do not include digital storage space nor digital-product sales capabilities.
- Digital Item
- Any product which is provided via the Internet, rather than shipped to the buyer physically or rendered as a service. The buyer of a Digital Item may receive it as a file download, as a registration or PIN code, or as a Redirection to some secret paid-content URL on your site. In order to sell Digital Items, you must subscribe to a plan level which includes storage space on our server, as that amenity indicates a plan with digital product capabiltiy (whether you actually need to use the storage space or not).
- This is the file a Seller is offering for sale, which buyers can obtain after their payment is completed. You would simply upload your product file to our server when adding the product in your E-junkie Seller Admin. The file can be whatever format or quality you wish. Every buyer simply gets issued a unique link to download an identical duplicate of whatever file you provide for each product.
- Sending the buyer to a page on your website after purchase, this may be a common thank-you page that is the same for all products, or a specific URL for a particular product. A product-specific Redirection is typically used to send the buyer to a paid-content page and hence counts as a Digital Item, whereas sending buyers to the same URL for all purchases does not count as Digital Delivery.
- External Hosting
- Our digital-product plans of $20/mo or higher will allow you to store your download files on your own server and then configure your products with a Remote Product File URL rather than uploading the files to us. Our download links would cloak the remote origin of any files delivered from your server, so buyers have no way of even knowing the file did not originate on our server. Files stored on your own server and delivered through our service would not count against your plan's maximum storage allocation on our server, but you do need a plan that includes storage space in order to sell digital products at all.
- Payment Processor
- Acts as a middleman to handle the buyer's checkout payment to you, where the buyer actually pays the payment processor, who then pays you.
- Payment/Merchant Gateway
- Authorizes a buyer's credit card for payment directly into the Seller's own merchant account balance; this is the online equivalent of an in-store card-swipe/keypad credit card authorization terminal.
- Merchant Account
- A type of bank account that allows a Seller to authorize credit card payments directly into their bank balance
- Shop or Product Page
- Any Web page where an E-junkie Seller has placed their E-junkie button code to sell products online.
- Shopping Cart
- The overlay screen or popup window/page that a buyer sees after clicking an E-junkie Add to Cart/View Cart button. This shows all the items they have added to their order, and if you have enabled Shipping or Sales Tax/VAT, we would ask for the buyer's country and postal/ZIP code in the cart to calculate those accordingly.
- Checkout or Payment Page
- A page on either the payment processor's Web site (PayPal) or E-junkie's Web site (card-based direct payments and E-junkie's Free Checkout) where the Buyer provides their payment info to pay the seller. This is also where the buyer's address would be collected if they purchased any product(s) with shipping enabled.
- Thank-you page
- After the buyer finishes checkout and the payment processor confirms the buyer's payment was good and completed, we grant the buyer access to a thank-you page. If the buyer purchased any downloads, we present their unique download link(s) on this thank-you page automatically, and we also issue them a thank-you email with a link to reach the thank-you/download page in case they did not proceed to the download page after checkout.
- Thank-you email
- After the buyer finishes checkout and the payment processor confirms the buyer's payment was good and completed, we issue them a thank-you email with a link to reach their thank-you/download page in case they did not proceed to the thank-you/download page after checkout. We normally send a Common Thank-you Email for every order regardless of the item(s) ordered. Digital items issuing downloads or codes will also issue a separate thank-you email with a link to reach the buyer's thank-you/download page or activate their Redirection for that product, but we do not send a default thank-you email for tangible or other non-digital goods unless you enter something in the Email Message field for those products.
- Code View
- Whether you are adding a blog post, building your website using an online site builder, or editing your website offline with a website editor (Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Rapidweaver, etc.), all of these typically offer two editing modes: a WYSIWYG ("What you see is what you get") visual-design mode where you edit the content more or less how it will actually look, and a HTML or CODE view where you can directly modify the raw HTML source code the page is actually built with. You will need to switch into HTML/CODE view in order to paste E-junkie button code into your page.
- E-junkie Free Checkout
- When the order total in a buyer's cart is 0.00 (either because they are only ordering some product(s) priced at 0.00 or because of a Discount), they will be able to complete their order using E-junkie's Free Checkout process. After clicking this Checkout button, the buyer would provide their name, email, and (optional) company and phone before being redirected to their thank-you page and receiving a thank-you email (if configured).
- Item Discount Code
- Buyers can enter this code to reduce the per-unit price of a specific product. This discount is configured in your settings for the product which can get the discount, and can be redeemed either with Buy Now buttons (if you enable it in the button code) or in the buyer's shopping cart.
- Cart Discount
- This affects a buyer's full order in their cart and hence will only work with our Cart buttons. These discount can either require the buyer to enter a code or apply themselves automatically based on some minimum order threshold, and can take a percent off of the Item Total or Shipping or a flat amount off the Item Total.
- Product Configuration
- Area where you add/modify your product settings. You reach it from Admin > Add product or Admin > Edit product
$ 9.99 / month
Register today and get our unlimited plan (normally $50) for just $9.99.
GET IT NOW
15 Days Free Trial